Thursday, September 1, 2011

Introducing.......





Michael, Katie, and Sophia

From their family blog(Posted in April)
 "It’s funny how God works. I am never surprised by the twists and turns he takes us on. In February 2007 Michael and I made the life changing decision to adopt. It was made almost in an instant. We had a short conversation and that was it. We had decided. Now, there was much research and prayer that came after that, but we never turned back. A little over three years later, we welcomed a beautiful Ethiopian princess into our lives. Sophia Mekdes was almost six months old when we met her and the most perfect baby we could ever have asked for. A year later she is a smart, sassy, 18-month old and we look at her everyday and can’t believe how incredibly blessed we are to get to be her parents. She is such a delight and a true testament to the miracle of adoption."


Micheal and Katie knew God wasn't done with them yet, they knew God had another angel waiting for them. They are adopting sweet, sweet, CONSTANCE.
Our(Manda+Madi) parents met sweet Constance last November. Our mom held her in her lap and got to love her. You see, Vahnya and Constance were in the same groupa. They grew up together, so Constance is very dear to our hearts.
The Morris family has just recently recieved news that their beautiful baby girl has been transferred.
"Today I opened an email which contained very unwanted news. It was from our adoption agency and began, “I received an email today with some not so good news; Constance has been transferred to an institution.” My heart stopped and I began sobbing. This is the news we have dreaded getting. We were told from the beginning that if she were ever transferred that she would be unadoptable. I read on and found that there was hope. The facilitator in Constance’s country is amazing and is working very hard to make sure we can still adopt her. She has spoken with a social worker and local authorities and they have agreed to move forward with the adoption. Praise God! There have never been any children adopted from the institution where she was transferred. This will be an interesting experience."

The Morris family has to raise $40,000 in total. They dont even have half of what they need yet, so thats why we're here!

We chose the Morris family for some very specific reasons, but mostly because GOD told us to. We believe that with the help of God we can get the funds up, and Constance will be home soon!

I can't explain to you how excited we are to start posting and fundraising for the Morris family, its going to be great!
Please pray for the Morris family, and sweet Constance.
Pray also, for us, as we begin to fundraise for our SECOND family.
We are so honored God called us to do this.
For the next two months the Morris' will be our family.
Thank you so much!
Madi, Manda, Cait, Gen.

4 comments:

  1. This is SO awesome! I've been praying for this family too- so glad to see them as your official family for the next 2 months!!!!!! I'll be praying for the fundraiser, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to the Morris family and Sweet Constance!!! We are praying for you, dear ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you. You are a blessing to our family.God does indeed work in miraculous ways.
    Randy and Angel Morris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you are doing is amazing! I hope that I will be meeting my niece very soon. Thank you for helping Katie and Michael to bring her home!

    ReplyDelete