I remember a very special day not too long ago! The four of us thought we had decided on a family for September and October. It had taken us a little while, there are SO many! It is so hard to even begin to try to choose which family we want to fundraise for next. We would love to help every single one, we want to save every child, we want to get every hopeful family to their gotcha day.
So anyway, we thought we knew what we were doing. But we were wrong!
I got a panicked text from Amanda “Constance was transferred!” I don’t know every child’s name on Reece’s Rainbow but I knew this one. I remember seeing her cute little face when Katrina (Amanda and Madison’s mom) came home, and then seeing that face again when she came up on RR. “Transferred” is such a horrifying word to people that know even a little bit about the special needs adoption world.
Around the same time, either Amanda or Madison sent a message to the four of us a message saying “I know we already decided, but I think we need to help Constance’s family.” It didn’t take long. We were all in agreement, “OF COURSE!”
We all knew that God was calling on us to help. Constance has an amazing family coming for her, but they need support, prayers, and financial help from everyone around them. It isn’t always easy to hear God’s voice but I think all of us would agree that we heard it loud and clear that day! We have been told that we need to do this.
The family we were originally going to do has not fallen off our list. But the child they are adopting has less of a chance of being transferred because of when they were born and they aren’t as far along in their adoption process. So, they are next. And no, I am not going to tell you who they are! =)
The Morris family is fantastic! We are all so excited to help with this speedy journey to get their baby girl home! We are already thinking about fundraisers for the next couple months. For now, please pray for the Morris family and for their sweet little Constance. Pray for her health and for her safety, and that her parents are given peace and wisdom as they continue on this crazy but very rewarding journey that we call “adoption.”
-Cait
No comments:
Post a Comment