Monday, December 26, 2011

Blessings

What if your blessings come through raindrops? What if your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know your near? 

Blessings come in the oddest forms sometimes. There can be one day when you're just prepared for the worst, and the good shines through. Or when God lays a little blessing, right in your arms. Or when you experience a true miracle. Blessings can even seem like burdens. I mean think about it, kids, they don't come with instruction manuals. It's not always easy, but "children are a blessing from God". And the good is always going to come of the bad. He promises us that. In fact, I see it pretty much everyday. When I'm having a bad day, and everything's going wrong, He blesses me in the most unique way possible. That's just another reason I love Jesus. He surprises me everyday. 




 Another HUGE blessing He has given our family are 4 extra little feet in our house. 

Gabe Artem and Levi Vitalik. Sent straight from heaven. Absolute blessings. Thank you Jesus, for these bundles of joy!! I know, I know, a little corny, but I had to say it. Cause they really are, bundles of joy and it's contagious! 

So don't you think everyone deserves a blessing or two? I do. And you can help bless a family and a child, AND yourself, by donating or sponsoring a fam or kiddo on Reece's Rainbow.    Because every family deserves the blessing of a child with down syndrome. So treat yourself to a good feeling, after you give to an adopting family :)



Love,
Genesis

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing you girls are doing! In seeking my own adoption journey (I am 22 and therefore not quite legally old enough to adopt internationally at the moment, nor quite independent enough) I've also sought to raise awareness and help RR families in the meantime - and I find it just amazing that you all, young as you are (don't be offended, I know, I still hate it when people call me young, but you know, relatively. Obviously you're not *emotionally* young to be doing something like this!). Also, I see we have similar tastes in blog backgrounds, haha! Anyways, girls, thank you so much for what you're doing, if the kids had any idea how you work tirelessly for them (when all society expects of you is to go to school and gab with friends)... their appreciation couldn't be measured. You all remind me of myself in earlier days, I was never content just to go to school and hang out with friends when I knew there were bigger problems in the world - why should I sit here in my warm house, with my full belly, doing nothing while others suffered? As a result, I was very much an activist (and unfortunately an outcast) from a young age. I now care for a 12-year-old girl regularly (think 'little sister/big sister' sort of thing) and I see in her that caring light that I see in you, that people saw in me. It's something to be proud of. Thank you for giving me another reason to smile tonight.

    ReplyDelete